A simple way to create your own yogurt. Every 2 weeks we take a half gallon of milk and turn it into a few weeks of plain yogurt, see the video below for how it is made.
- Add 1/2 Gallon of yogurt to the instant pot, set to boil.
- After boiling, open the lid and place thermometer into the yogurt
- Wait until it cools to 110-115 degrees
- Sift off any film on top of the milk
- Add 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Place lid back on and set to yogurt setting for 8-9 hours,
- Drain off any liquid on top, stir the yogurt mixture, pour into containers and put into refrigerator.
Here is the Instant Pot that we have: https://instantpot.com/portfolio-item/duo/